It was a busy year for the firm in 2018. We handled multiple litigation matters, transactional real estate matters as well as continuing to serve as outside general counsel to a number of small businesses.
Real Estate accomplishments included:
- Successfully obtaining permits and variances within the city of Boston from the BPDA (Article 80), the Boston Zoning Board of Appeal, the Public Improvement Commission and Inspectional Services Department.
- Representing landlords and tenants in multiple lease transactions, including a 30,000 square foot life sciences lease in Chelmsford, a 10,000 square foot office lease with one of the regions major sports organizations, and multiple restaurant leases.
- Representing a seller in the sale of an $8 million property to a major Boston-based university, as well as handling the purchase and sale agreements for several other clients including an $11 million sale of a South End commercial property.
- Obtaining ZBA approvals for a 100,000 square foot redevelopment of a property in the Boston Landing neighborhood of Boston.
- Obtaining BPDA Small Project Review approval for a 45,000 LEED certified residential project.
- Successfully advising and permitting a regional Bank’s first branch opening in Boston’s Financial District.
- Successfully representing a client in a complex street Discontinuance Proceeding before the Public Improvement Commission.
General Litigation accomplishments include:
- Handling an active False Claims investigation by the Massachusetts Attorney General’s office
- Successfully obtaining a defense verdict on behalf of a controlling corporate officer in a partnership dispute against a $1.2 million breach of the fiduciary duty claim.
- Successfully obtaining dismissal in Suffolk Superior Court of an abutter appeal to the grant of variances by the Boston ZBA
- Obtaining a $1,000,000 judgment in a commercial summary process eviction matter.
- Negotiating a successful resolution on behalf of a Back Bay condominium association against a commercial restaurant unit owner and the City’s Inspectional Services department, including handling related litigation and advising on technical building code violations.
The firm thanks its clients for continuing to place their confidence in us and we look forward to a successful 2019.
Published January 2019